Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Assignment#4 My Political Views


My political views can pretty much be summed up into one statement. Those who have the ability to do something for the greater good of someone else, have the RESPONSIBILITY to do so. This is not a complicated concept. This simply is Morally right. In my opinion we were not put on this earth to be selfish and inwardly thinking. This isn't about charity or handouts, it about doing something good for your fellow man and feeling good about it. If you add that with the idea of understanding or consideration for opposing views, you get a pretty compassionate considering society that will take positives from both sides and reach a happy medium. The understanding allows us to get a basic feel for opposing views. I wouldn't give my politics a name but I am considered a libertarian. I based my views on my view of my religion. I am considered a Christian, but to Christian I probably am a bad Christian. But name me one perfect Christian. Name me one perfect any religious person. The only perfect person I know is Jesus and they laughed at him. So basing my ideas on the fact that my God is forgiving, I am forgiving. My god is considerate and compassionate, so I strive to be like that as well. I realize and accept that I will fall short of His example, but I am willing to work on what is wrong. This is simply an idea. One that if kept in mind when making decisions, there would probably be a positive outcome. This isn't what I feel everyone should be like as far as the religious reasoning behind it, but the concept of it is what is important here. Take where I got it from away and apply it to all regions of the world and see the outcome. Positivity and progress is what should be driving, motivating factors.  

1 comment: