Monday, December 3, 2012

Film City of Life and Death


From what I was able to watch of the City of Life and Death I like. I was interested in the film because it was like a live battle of Call of Duty. The action was plentiful and realistic. I also liked the mixture of emotion on both the Japanese side of things as well as the emotion on the Chinese side. When the Japanese soldiers killed the children, they showed emotion. Something that I didn’t image would be portrayed in this type of film; I was expecting no feeling any mercy, which is short of a stereotypical image associated with Asians.  Unfortunately I wasn’t able to see the conclusion of the film so I will focus on the first fighting scene. As I said it really reminded me Call of Duty, a small group of people trying to ward off a whole army. They had kids that helped them reload and scavenge for weapons on the ground. And both the Japanese and the Chinese soldiers were fighting for their lives, and at that moment it had nothing to do the actual conflict between the two countries. For a foreign film it was shot well, besides the captions I wasn’t even able to tell it wasn’t an American made film, the action from the beginning was just that good. The film was interesting enough from the beginning, enough for me to want to watch the rest of it on my own time, and I completely dislike captioned films. I didn’t have too much knowledge of the conflict, and that would probably be my one wish for the film. There was a German man in the film so I would assume that it has something to do with world war two, but I’ve never been well with dates and history. Still it looked to be interesting. I will finish it sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment